Our Health Library information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Please be advised that this information is made available to assist our patients to learn more about their health. Our providers may not see and/or treat all topics found herein.
Decision Points About Treatments and Other Health Issues
Decision Points are designed to guide you through key health decisions, combining medical information with your personal information to make a wise health decision. Click on a link below to learn more about treatment options or other decisions about your condition or issue:
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Have Artificial Hydration and Nutrition?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Kidney Dialysis?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Treatment That Prolongs My Life?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Have Catheter Ablation?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Try Electrical Cardioversion?
- Blood Transfusions: Should I Bank Blood Before Surgery?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Chemotherapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer?
- Breast Cancer: What Should I Do If I'm at High Risk?
- Breastfeeding: Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
- Diabetes: Should I Get an Insulin Pump?
- Fertility Problems: Should I Have a Tubal Procedure or In Vitro Fertilization?
- Healthy Aging: Is It Time to Stop Driving?
- Hearing Loss: Should I Get a Hearing Aid?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD)?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get a Pacemaker (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)?
- Heart Rhythm Problems: Should I Get an ICD?
- Heart Rate Problems: Should I Get a Pacemaker?
- Hemorrhoids: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Hyperthyroidism: Should I Use Antithyroid Medicine or Radioactive Iodine?
- Infertility: Should I Have Treatment?
- Kidney Failure: Should I Start Dialysis?
- Kidney Failure: What Type of Dialysis Should I Have?
- Kidney Failure: When Should I Start Dialysis?
- Kidney Stones: Should I Have Lithotripsy to Break Up the Stone?
- Low Back Pain: Should I Have Spinal Manipulation?
- Low Back Pain: Should I Try Epidural Steroid Shots?
- Miscarriage: Should I Have Treatment to Complete a Miscarriage?
- Multiple Pregnancy: Should I Consider a Multifetal Pregnancy Reduction?
- Obesity: Should I Use a Diet Plan to Lose Weight?
- Prediabetes: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Pregnancy: Should I Bank My Baby's Umbilical Cord Blood?
- Pregnancy: Should I Try Vaginal Childbirth After a Past C-Section (VBAC)?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Choose Active Surveillance?
- Stress Incontinence: Should I Have Surgery?
- Supraventricular Tachycardia: Should I Have Catheter Ablation?
- Uterine Fibroids: Should I Have Uterine Fibroid Embolization?
- Warts: Should I Treat Warts?
Current as of: October 6, 2021
Author: Healthwise Staff
Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2021 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.